Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hendrix Cooke and Josslyn Ackroyd's Blessing Day

Since Hendrix and Josslyn are only one month apart and we had just moved and didn't really know our ward very well, we decided to do their blessings the same day at my mom's house.  We just invited close family to come.  After some craziness with some bishoprics not really knowing how to approach a blessing at home appropriately, we finally got everyone together.  It was so very nice!  Tina's father, Dan Simons, blessed Josslyn.   And Kevin blessed Hendrix.  Holding the blessing at my mom's house made the setting more spiritual and, I felt, more meaningful.  I'm so glad we chose to bless Hendrix this way!!
 Classic Papa Jerry's pose when holding Hendrix!

 Grace is definitely the "wild card" kid in our family!

 My mom, Grandma Rimi, tells stories with her hands!

 My cousin, Zach Hunter.

 Kevin and Tina's sister, Jolene's husband, Jeremy.

 Then there is me, all riled up about something!

 Grandma Ruth and her scary son, Kevin!
 Much more normal, Kevin!
 I think Grace came running over to Grandma Ruth and Kevin and that's why they are looking away.

 Is Josslyn not the cutest little Asian Princess ever?  My mom thinks that Josslyn really looks a lot like Tina's sister Jana! Tina says she sees a lot of my brother, Jono, in Josslyn.

 Tina's sister, Jana, with Josslyn.

 Jono and Tina, cutest Asian couple ever!
 Now they can say they are the cutest Asian FAMILY ever!!

 Grandma Ruth, Grace and Kevin

 Again, the classic Papa Jerry pose when holding a baby (especially his grandkids!)

 Good old Jana Simons, Tina's sister.

 Jono and Josslyn.  He is already such a great dad!
 Josslyn is the best sleeper in the world!  She makes Hendrix look bad because he never goes to sleep this easily, and when he finally does, he refuses to stay asleep for long!

 There is my adorable little boy, Hendrix!


 Zach Hunter, GQ-ing it!

 Looks like there is mischief in those little blue eyes Grace!

 It doesn't seem like that long ago that Grace was tiny like Hendrix...now, sadly, she seems so big! Why can't my kids stay little forever?
 Grandma Ruth with Ethan, Kevin's sister Kristen's son.

 Zach and Marley

 Tina's sister Jolene's husband with Jolene's son, Landon, and Grace and Grandma Ruth

 Tina's two sisters: Jolene and Jana

 Hendrix and I

 Tina's father, Dan, and her Uncle Lynn and Aunt Eva
 Marley kept carrying around this napkin and marble and I have no idea what she was doing with them!

 Look at the puppy-faced little boy!  I want to kiss those cheeks!


 Kevin, Hendrix and I
 Tina's mom, Tay Simons, Josslyn, Tina, and Tina's nephew, Landon
 Tina and Josslyn

 Tay, Josslyn, and Tina

 My parents, Orimi and Doug Ackroyd

 Seth, my brother, is the executive secretary in his single's ward, and he was about 15 minutes late for the blessing and we were all waiting for him to get out of a bishopric meeting so we could get started.  So Jerry suggested we all clap when Seth came in.  It was funny because Seth pulled up to the house and parked his car kind of haphazardly and ran into the house and then we really did all clap when he walked in!
 Getting ready to bless Josslyn


 These pictures of Kevin kissing Hendrix are seriously so adorable and melt my heart!!




 Getting ready to bless Hendrix

 Hendrix having a wonderful time with Tina!

 Seth and his lovely girl friend, Chelsea

 Josslyn with Tina's sister Jolene


 Landon, Jolene's son

 Little Miss Grace

 Tina's Aunt Eva and Uncle Lynn with Josslyn

 Aaron, Guy, Kristen, and Ethan Fowlks doing...well I'm not sure what...

 The Fowlks, Kevin's parents, and us




 Jerry and Ruth with our kids...how sweet!




 My side of the family with Great-Grandma Orie holding Hendrix




 Grandma Orimi, Grandpa Doug and Great-Grandma Orie holding Hendrix



 Tina's parents, Tay and Dan, with Josslyn

 Tina's side of the family

 Tina and I with the babies!

No comments: