Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fear of the Chicken

We met up with Holly Davis, Susan Oddou and Maren Larsen at Wheeler Farms.  After Maren and Susan left, Holly and I got tickets for Wheeler Farms little pumpkin patch maze & wagon ride.  Holly took Marley and her daughters while I waited for them to get done.  We sat on a bench in a little cleaning and because it's a working farm, there are chickens that wander around the entire property.  Apparently chickens are extremely scary, because when they came squawking over to the table we were sitting at, Grace started telling me she was scared and put her feet up on the bench.  I fed the chickens some crackers, trying to show her they were harmless, but she refused to believe me!




This is my cholo daughter, Marley, and her friend, our cute neighbor girl, Ashlyn (Holly's daughter).  Marley wanted to wear this headband, which is weird because I can never get her to wear them.  I realized she was wearing it like this because she wanted to cover her little scar from the stitches she got a couple weeks ago.  She must have over heard me saying that we have to use sunscreen or hat to cover the scar so it doesn't darken when she is in the sun, and that's what prompted her to wear the headband!

No comments: