Friday, September 28, 2012

Marley and stitches

After going to Cornbelly's, we were getting the kids ready for bed.  I was downstairs with Hendrix in the bath (we bathe him in a tub in the kitchen sink because that's the only place it fits) and Marley was bringing my phone downstairs, when I heard a big thud at the top of the stairs.  I hear Marley start crying and run to the bottom of the stairs and see blood running down Marley's face.  Apparently she slipped while running and struck her head on the banister.  I'm screaming for Kevin to come because I didn't want to leave Hendrix unattended in the tub but didn't want to abandon Marley either.  Kevin got Marley all cleaned up, but we realized that she needed to have stitches to close up the cut on her forehead.  Kevin took her to the urgent care but it was closed, so they had to go to the emergency room.  Marley was really scared about getting stitches, but she really did a WONDERFUL job at being a big kid and cooperating.  She had to have seven stitches: two deep and five on top. She didn't want me to take the stitches out when the time came (and started to cry about it) because she thought the pain would be the same as when the doctor put the stitches in.  But, of course, they didn't hurt coming out.  Marley was so insistent on wearing a band-aid over the wound, even after she didn't need to wear one.  She must have also over-heard me talking to Kevin about massaging the wound after it had healed to break up scar tissue because I caught her massaging a few times as well! She is such a funny kid!




No comments: