Thursday, August 23, 2012

Marley and Grace visit Hendrix in the Hospital

I had to stay in the hospital for longer than I wanted (I seriously could've went home the next day after giving birth) because I was group-b strep positive and had Hendrix so fast that they were unable to get any penicillin in me to help protect Hendrix.  So, the pediatrician suggest we stay the full time (which was two nights), just to make sure.  He was fine.  The only thing I worried about was the circumcision because I had never had to take care of that before and I wanted to make sure I didn't do things wrong! I went stir-crazy in the hospital though!  Hendrix took to breast feeding like a champ, but I didn't get much sleep because he always wanted to nurse, so I only sent him to the nursery when they had to take him in for the routine things.  I'm also nervous about him getting sick because Grace and Marley attract germs like magnets and babies get sick so easily.  Hopefully my breast-feeding him will help!






No comments: