Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary

I am happy to say that today is Kevin & I's 7th anniversary! On this day, seven years, ago, Kevin & I got married in the Manti temple but not without a few bumps along the way. We decided to ride to Manti together & meet everyone there. I'm not sure if it was nerves or just enjoying each other's company, but we missed the exit to Manti. After driving quite sometime, I wondered where we were. When we stopped to ask for directions, the gas station attendant said we were in Price!! We had some serious back-tracking to do! The closest thing to a shortcut we could take was through a icy mountain pass where there was zero cell service! All of our family wondered what had happened to us. Kevin's father, Jerry, about wore out the soles of his shoes pacing around waiting for us! But we made it--even if we were three hours late! The workers in Manti were more than willing to accommodate our tardiness (thank goodness!) & we were grateful that our family & friends waited around for us! It was wonderful experience to get married to my eternal companion in such a beautiful place with all of our wonderful family & friends. Even though the rest of the evening was a rush (we barely had time to make it to our wedding dinner before we were off to the reception center), it made that day extra memorable.
I'm so truly grateful & absolutely lucky to be married to my best friend & a fantastic person! I love you so very much my dear sweet husband!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I will never forget that day. So hilarious! After we found out you weren't dead on the side of the road, that is! Congrats guys!!