Sunday, September 20, 2009

Labor Day


For Labor Day this year we convinced the Larsens & my brother, Seth, & my sister, Alece, to go to Huntsville, UT. Several people at work told me to go check out Abbey of Our Lady of the Holy Trinity monastery. I bought some of the honey that they are famous for (which is actually pretty good). We tried to see the monks in action, but timed it wrong & missed the chanting they do in the church (which I have also been told is really cool).
We also stopped by the house Pres. David O. McKay was born in, but sadly missed the tour by one week. They close for the winter September 1st! The house was really pretty & in a beautiful area...maybe next time!
I was really impressed by how beautiful Huntsville is and that it's considered a Park City with a lake. Hopefully it will stay small & not become another Park City!

No comments: