Saturday, September 5, 2009

Is it worth it?

My absolutely wonderful friend in Phoenix, Chantae, was kind enough to make these absolutely lovely pettiskirts!! Mandi & I took our daughters to Thanksgiving Point to take a few photos here & a few photos there. Sounds easy, in theory, right? Not quite. First, meeting up was this huge deal because we were waiting up for each other on opposite ends of Thanksgiving Point wondering where the other one was. After a couple text/phone calls, we finally met up. BUT, we weren't allowed to go in this certain area to take what they call "portrait" photos. So we packed everything back up & drove to a different location in Thanksgiving Point--to an apparently "portrait" photos-appropriate area. So now it'd be downhill from there, right? Again, not quite. After getting the kids all decked out, I started to take some pictures, but of course no one wanted to cooperate at the same time. Sometimes one would be good and the others would fuss or one would start to fuss & it would cause a cascade of emotions. Mandi even had huge lollipops as a bribe, which, you guessed it, did not work. Two adults is just not enough man power for getting three little girls to cooperate for the camera. Out of the HUNDREDS of photos taken, only about ten percent actually turned out decent enough to actually display. It was seriously stressful, time consuming, & draining! Next time we will prepare better & bring an extra set or two of hands, or pay someone else to deal with it!


I love Sadie in action! She looks so funny twirling in her skirt & running down the path!



These are some of my very favorite photos of Sadie. The stars were in line and everything fell in to place!!

Sadie looks adorable here as well!!


These pictures were a little more difficult as she didn't cooperate as well!


Marley was being an absolute pill during this! I really don't like what I did with the black & white one, but I was kind of stuck with it. Ugh!



These are a little better...


I think that these are the best ones of Marley. I really think that they turned out well. It's weird that I had more turn out of Sadie than anyone else...at the time I was taking the pictures, I definitely wouldn't have guessed that!


Kinley did really well when we first started taking pictures. I love her little smile & especially love the one where she's looking up at the camera.


As sad as it may be, these are the best shots I had of all of the girls together. I can't even express how tough it was to get pictures like these. And they are mediocre at best!!

2 comments:

Karl and Chantae said...

I think these pictures turned out adorable! You took some amazing pictures! Love the green background. The girls looks so cute. The hair flowers are super cute too. Did you borrow your friends equipment or did you just use your camera?

Natalie said...

Hey, I do remember you. We played cards once, long ago at Mandi's condo. Your little girl is so cute! And I love all the pictures you've taken. You do a really good job. So anyway, I do like my book a lot. I have a Heritage maker book and I would say this is just as good. Also check out this website http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/cutestblog/index.html and I have one other link on my blog I think it's called blog2book you can check out and see what looks best. If you are ever at Mandi's have her call me and I could run it over so you could look at it to see what it's like. Sorry the answer to your question was a novel.