Monday, May 4, 2009

The Nightmare we call Swimming Lessons!


It started as a normal Saturday. Things were calm and nice...she even smiled after she donned her swim suit....


As we entered the water Marley started to turn...she pretty much cried through out the 45 minute lesson! It was kind of embarrassing because all the other parent's children were model swimmers: no crying and willing to playing in the water! The instructor asked me if she was tired and I'm like, 'no, she hates the water!' The instructor suggested I just hold her and get her used to the water and not do all the activities. So we powered through it (I mean we have 5 more lessons left and I want her to get comfortable with the water!) even though I got the evil eye from some of the parents. I'm sure they thought I should just give up!



During the back float (which was the last 5 minutes of the class) she actually calmed down and stopped fussing! Maybe next Saturday will be better!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

She looks so cute in her suit! Don't worry, Sadie hated it until the last lesson. Just keep trying! She can't be your kid if she hates sand AND water!!

Susan said...

Too funny! That little suit is priceless. Best money I spent is giving the kids swimming lessons...we have done so much in the water as a family! Keep it up and blow those bubbles Marley!!

Karl and Chantae said...

Oh Miss Marley, you are so stinking adorable! Love the suit. Who cares if she cried through out the lesson, as long as she looked cute in her suit! Thats funny Kimbra, I'm sorry you had to take all of the stares and glares from the horrible people around you. Was Kevin throughing down some elbows? I'm glad you were able to find lessons. I hope the next one is more fun for both of you.