Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cactus & Botanicals


We had Marley's one year pictures taken by a photographer named Laurie (per my wonderful mother-in-law) and she really like the tutu Marley was wearing (thanks, Mandi). She said that if I made her a couple of tutus, she would trade me free pictures. So, of course, I was all over it!
Pictured above are the tutus I made...they were supposed to have a fairy-type feel. I thought they turned out pretty cute, especially the blue one with the little butterfly (again, thanks, Mandi). So I guess this post is a thank you to Mandi, the Tutu Guru, for showing me all there is to making tutus!

Laurie was taking pictures of little kids dressed as fairies at this really awesome greenhouse, Cactus & Botanicals. Marley was a little apprehensive about standing in the middle of the flowers, but we managed to ease her into them by slowly arranging the flowers around her while she was standing. Ack! What you end up doing to get a decent picture! But it worked out perfect for Mother's Day gifts!


Marley was supposed to wear a crown of flowers...as you can see, it didn't quite work out that way! She was fine, until I attempted to place it on her head, and that's when the tears started. Even when she noticed me moving the crown of flowers out of the way, she started to cry because she thought I was putting them back on her head!


Marley played with the wand for about 10 seconds before trying to give it back. I was really surprised because Sadie has a princess wand that she really liked.



I really like the ones where she is touching her little chin!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Too cute. I love the tutu. You did well, Grasshoppa! She got cute shots even if Marley was a stinker. Marley cracks me up. She's going to give you a run for your money!

Brenay Family said...

Those pictures are so cute! Your daughter is beautiful!