Friday, May 15, 2009

Budding Picasso?


Marley loves to "draw". If she finds a pen and paper (paper meaning anything made of paper, including books) she starts to "draw". I have found several of my books with pens marks in them. The other day she grabbed a pad of paper and a pen from the coffee table and sat down on her little rocking chair and attempted to draw. I ended up having to scoot her chair to the coffee table because she was struggling to draw without a hard surface. I was surprised by how long "drawing" held her attention. I actually had ample time to snap these pictures. Hopefully this doesn't lead to pen marks anywhere else besides paper...ie furniture or walls!
Below is a sample of her artwork....



3 comments:

Mandi said...

Cute! Anything that holds their attention for two seconds is good.

Just stock up on Magic Erasers... they kinda dull wood surfaces, but they got marker off my table and pen off Sadie's high chair. And you probably already know hairspray takes pen out of fabric... I only know because I have a Picasso too!!

Amy said...

I got on your blog from Mandi's, I hope you don't mind. Marley is darling. I hope you and Kevin are well.

Susan said...

Kimbra:
One of Jakey's first drawing was a page FULL of Star Wars spaceships--there had to be 1000 of them crammed on a page. Cracked me up! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!