Friday, July 26, 2013

Meet Nozomi

Salt Lake City has a "sister city" in Matsumoto, Japan.  Someone Jerry and Ruth know looks for people to host Japanese students and the Japanese chaperone's while they stay for a week in Salt Lake City. Jerry and Ruth were lucky enough to host one of the chaperone's, Nozomi.  She is about my age and has a son that is about 4, between Marley and Grace's age.  She cooked some Japanese food for us.  My mom and brother came up to eat as well.  It was so nice because I used to eat some of this food when I was younger, when my mom's mom used to make it.  Like the Japanese pancakes, okonomiyaki.  The food was wonderful and Nozomi spoke English really well.  She is so fun and enthusiastic. 



 Jerry bought this six pound bag of gummy bears (who knows why) and was trying to off-load some to my mom and brother.




 Japanese pancake
















No comments: