Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Goblin Valley

Last week I went camping near Goblin Valley for a few days for YW Camp. It is ABSOLUTELY amazing down there! I was so impressed by the beauty and uniqueness of Goblin Valley that I am planning on coming back with my fam. Unfortunately, my camera ran out of batteries the very first day and so I only got a couple pictures of Rachel and my tent (which, by the way, I sent up nearly all by myself with only a minute amount of help!) We took a hike that turned out to be a huge 8 mile, 4 1/2 hour trek through some slot canyons. I really enjoyed it (the weather was cooler, overcast, and not rainy)...some of the girls, however, wish it could be erased from their memories. We also took a short river rafting jaunt down the Green River and I think that most everyone enjoyed that. I did really miss my family though and when I got back, I swear Marley seemed bigger!!!


1 comment:

Mandi said...

I fear girls' camp! Glad to hear it wasn't so bad, but I still hope I never have to go!

I've never been to Goblin Valley. It sounds fun. We'll go with you if you get desperate for friends!