Friday, January 16, 2009

Tulle & Tutus

I have a friend in my neighborhood that has all of this great lighting equipment and back drops. She was kind enough to let me borrow all of it. I have a pretty decent Nikon camera, so Mandi and I went to town!! We took nearly 500 pictures and being a VERY amateur photographer, I was impressed that I was able to get some pretty decent pictures (if I do say so myself!) Because of this, this post has A LOT of photos!!

It was much more challenging than I thought: getting the lighting just right, getting the kids to cooperate, and making everything fit into the background! I thought because we were doing it in my house, that it would be easier than a studio. One nice thing is we don't have to pay for all of the pictures and we aren't hindered by copyright laws, so we can do what we want with the pictures!

Because of all of these challenges, I didn't dare try any other back drop than black because that's a safe color. I had soooo much fun doing this (and I hope that Mandi did too!) that I think I am going to start putting together my own lighting equipment set. I think getting my own equipment will allow me to practice and get better at taking good photos!!

















2 comments:

Mandi said...

Thank you so much! I'm still worn out from wrangling the kids, but you got some awesome shots. I can't wait for you to get your own equipment!

Justin and Lindy said...

So, get your stuff by June and then I can bring my babies up to get pics! They did turn out really cute. Good work amateur