Friday, March 9, 2012

Marley's 4th Birthday

Marley had been asking to have her birthday party at a bounce place.  So we went to Bouncin' Off The Walls (remember, bouncin' without the "g").  The party package included 25 kids so we invited everyone we could think of!!
 Jasmine with her mom Rachel. Courtland Bills attempting to climb the slide.  Kylie Hanson getting ready to slide down. Kylie Hanson with the cutest smile ever!  Cole (my friend from cross fit, Krissie's son).

 One of the slides was missing the little stepping things that allows the kids to climb up to the top in order to slide down the slide.  So Kevin, being nice, got all sweaty giving all the kids boosts up to the top so they could slide down.
 No birthday party would be complete with out some family dysfunction!

 Marley, Avery Bills, and Sadie North. Kinley North (she has the cutest smile on her face!). Grandma Orimi with Grace. Avery Bills.

 Cadance "No Fear" Miller (she is about Grace's age & wanted to do everything! I thought Grace would be the same since she was so active, but she was to scared to bounce around!!). Seth Bennett. Grandma Orimi. Janarae Hanson & her adorable baby Hadley.

 Grace loved going down this slide with me, but I got so tired because I had to carry her up the stairs every time she wanted to slide down!

 Courtland Bills. My brother Seth Ackroyd, Grandma Orimi, and Tina Ackroyd. My brother Jono slouched over, looking like he's having a great time.  Tina & Old Man Doug.

 Cute little Hadley. Kylie hugging her mom, Janarae.  Christian--the most uninhibited kid ever...he got my friend Janarae to go down the slide with him several times until she was so tired she had to tell him "no" and he had NEVER met her before!!! Mack Larsen looks like he's having a good time.  Avery Bills looks a tad lost...

 I love how the kids all crowded around the cake!  The little boy on the end, Calvin, has to be one of the cutest little boys ever! I love that kid!

 A lady I met at Marley's dance class recommend her cake lady (as the one I used for Grace had moved to San Diego) and I have to say the cake turned out adorable!!!  I also LOVED the cupcakes and they were made by my neighbors sister who owns a cupcake business.  So cute!!!




 Cadance again...she had to be the cutest little kid!!

 So we were limited on time in the party room because we had to wait so long for the pizza to come.  I thought that the kids could eat the pizza while they watched Marley opened her presents...but as soon as I had Marley start opening the presents, the kids IMMEDIATELY ditched their pizza & cupcakes to swarm upon Marley.  They all decided that they had to open up her presents.  It got a little overwhelming and the horde forced Marley into a corner. 
We asked people not to give gifts but to donate to their favorite charity, if they so choose to do so.  Last year Marley got WAY too many gifts & we had no idea what to do with them all.  I wanted to avoid that this year, so we gave her a few gifts that she had been asking for (especially the hula hoop & her little suit case).  She did get a couple gifts from some of the people who came to the party, but it was a far cry from last year (fortunately!)


No comments: