Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Want a Pony

Ok, so I know that this is not an incident that happened to me, rather to Kevin's co-worker Mike, but I have to post it because the ridiculousness of the whole thing still makes me laugh so hard!!  
Mike's wife, Chrissy, always quotes the line from the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory that Verruca Salt says: "I want a pony". So Mike thought that it would be kind of fun for her birthday to give her a cake in the shape of a horse (envisioning those fancy cakes that they show on the Food Network).
After a few days of putting in his order in to some cake place (of what I think was was owned by an acquaintance), he got a call about the equine-shaped dessert.  They told him that he may want to come look at the cake first to see if he even liked what they had done.  I'm sure he didn't think much of it until he SAW the cake...(dun dun dun....)


OH MY GOODNESS!!! Can you BELIEVE this cake?!?  I WAS DYING OF LAUGHTER WHEN I SAW THIS PICTURE!!!  They said they could add the wings to make it better...really?! I'm sure that adding wings covers up the rest of the hideousness that is this cake.  Kevin's co-worker called it a horse from the land of misfit toys!  It's My Little Mutant Pony is what it is!!!  I thought that Kevin's co-worker should've bought it and given it to his wife because the whole thing is ridiculously hilarious, but they said because the cake didn't quite turn out, they'd charge him $80 instead of $100!! Really?! This horrible baking creation should've have been just given to him for nothing (I mean Grace's first birthday cake was awesome & only $65!)  They made another cake (and unfortunately, I don't have a picture of it) that looked like he went to the local grocery store picked up a two-layer white cake and stuck a plastic toy horse on the top...and they still charged him $100!! Whoa! Let's just say I was really nervous when Grace's cake person moved to San Diego because I sure did not want a mutant Hello Kitty cake for Marley's birthday!!!

No comments: